[LargeFormat] Hand Luggage UK Airports - Suggestions?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 3 07:18:06 2004

At 3:52 pm +0100 2/1/04, Huib Smeets wrote:
>Clive,
>
>I have two backback's: LowePro's Pro Trekker and Orion Trekker.
>
>I've never air traveled (yet) with LF gear, but on the occasion I would
>use my Orion Trekker to carry it as handluggage. It is well within the
>dimension listed below. The upper compartiment is big enough to hold my
>Linhof Technikardan 45 (with a lens attached) wrapped in the darkcloth.
>The lower compartiment will hold a few lenses and some extra's like a
>cablerelease, lightmeter, lopue. A box or two with film can be stored to
>or carried seperate.. The rest (tripod, filmholders) would travel as
>checked luggage in the bigger backpack. Occasionally I use the Orion
>Trekker instead of the bigger Pro Trekker when I want to travel light.

Huib,

Thanks for the suggestion. I found the bag here:

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/trekking/oriontrk.htm

It is a little smaller than the maximum size allowed. Does the whole
front of the bag unzip? I was reading about the bottom and top
compartment. How do you get at the bottom compartment? Are the
dividers adjustable to any position?

The price is right but I would prefer to go for the max. size allowed
by the airport/airlines.