[LargeFormat] Hand Luggage UK Airports - Suggestions?

john frost largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 2 21:01:26 2004

Clive:

I put all the camera kit (the red backpack, no padding)into checked
luggage, inside a standard luggage bag. It was too heavy for carry-on.
The only thing I had in carry-on was two bags of film, which they
x-rayed and checked for explosives, then hand inspected. The film was 13
lbs. in two cloth satchels.

The bag I puchased for carry-on was 9 lbs empty! I had to send it as
checked, even tho empty!!

john (:>))) The tripod went into the clothing bag that was in checked
luggage.