[LargeFormat] Holiday Snaps

animal largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 30 17:02:43 2003

You,ll find them easily in ski or snowboard shops
simon jessurun
amsterdam

Clive wrote:

> Well, the weather was not kind up in Norfolk where I spent the
> holidays.
> The one day when we did not have rain there were family obligations so
> no
> LF holiday snaps this year. Am hoping to make up for this over the New
> Year.

Wasn't kind in southern Ontario either; it's been raining for about a
week now. Took advantage of a bit of weak sun over the weekend to hump
my kit along the old millstream, a scouting trip for when the snow does
fall ...

> There was one gleam of brightness in an otherwise dull week, Santa
> brought
> me some new fingerless gloves so I'm all set for some landscape
> photography.

A general outdoorsy question for members:

What do you use to protect your hands from the cold, but also allows
enough sensitivity for LF manipulations and won't shed lint to boot?
Fingerless is great, until it gets so cold your fingers start sticking
to things! (Never dare a Canadian to lick a tripod!)

I've read that silk gloves are ideal, but I'm having some difficulties
sourcing them locally.

regards, and holiday felicitations to each and all

David Galway