[LargeFormat] 300mm/f:4.5 Xenar mounting question --> Compound shutter sizes

Ole Tjugen largeformat@f32.net
Fri Dec 26 06:20:02 2003

Lotus View Cameras (www.lotusviewcamera.at)overhaul shutters, both old and
new, including Compounds. I have never used them myself, but I have one or two
shutters in need of new scales. Mostly I've been able to get things working
again with liberal amounts of lighter fuel and very careful drying and
cleaning. But Compounds shouldn't be treated that way as some parts may
dissolve!

Ole

>===== Original Message From "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> =====
>>
>> Now THAT I do not know. All my Compounds work perfectly!
>>
>> But I believe that many users of such lenses do use the auto aperture
>board,
>> and I know that I have seen lenses of similar size frontmounted on Sinar
>> boards on that auction site.
>>
>> On the other hand your shutter may well be worth a CLA. There is a limited
>> number of these, and there will not be more made. Compound shutters are
>> usually very reliable, in my opinion they are the best of the old big
>ones.
>>
>> Ole
>>
>> Merry Christmas to you all.
>
>Good point I,ll try to find a place that repairs them .
>Do you know of any place in europe that might still overhaul them?
>Best wishes to all of you
>simon

Ole Tjugen
Photographer-at-large