[LargeFormat] Toyo 8x10 Camera

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 20 07:26:15 2003

At 11:22 20/12/2003 +0000, Barry Wilkinson wrote:
snip
> > Does anyone have a ball park idea of the price for a Toyo 8x10 field
> camera?
>
> > Cheers,
> >             Clive
snip
>I don't know where you are based but they are available new from
>Robert White, see http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/toyo.htm
>
>I have never seen a used one for sale in the UK.

Hello Barry,

Should have looked at the web site before asking - I don't know why I was
under the impression that they were not a stock item in Robert's Emporium.
The weight is 6.8kg and the camera has an alloy body. Perhaps a trip down
to Dorset in the New Year would be an idea to have a closer look. The
budget won't quite stretch to a new camera but it would be a good excuse to
throw a camera in the car and head out.

Would still be interested in hearing from anyone who has used the camera or
had a chance to handle one.

Cheers, Clive