[LargeFormat] 11x14 launch control

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Thu Dec 18 17:45:08 2003

Dear Nieces and Nephews,

     I posted to Brock Nanson offlist thinking that this topic would be
treated badly - I was wrong. Fortunately the Humour Police have not yet
clamped down as they appear to have done in Ontario.

    I questioned who the law benefitted - the small people presumably were
physically protected during their flight and they surely did it as a
money-earning proposition. So they are out of a job and who became virtuous
as a result? Pooh.

    Uncle Dick has the priviledge of including a small person in his list of
patients and she has never bemoaned either her stature or any treatment from
the rest of us. Interestingly her teeth are no smaller than the norm, though
this was a little awkward as they had less jaw space to fit in - we agreed
to remove 4 and give the rest room to shuffle around in and it all worked
out fine. Note that this is common practice in orthodontics anyway - 4-8
teeth out.

    Laugh not about trebuchet tossing, however. One chap who experimented
with it in the UK managed to injure someone severely when the projected
trajectory and landing net did not match the real event. When we fire our
trebuchet here in the Grey Company we use wooden or steel balls or CO2 bombs
for spectacular harmless explosions but are mindful that the ammunition once
launched can go wildly wrong.

    Uncle Dick