[LargeFormat] Enough musclebuilding already

Paul Butzi largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 15 13:24:11 2003

> Thanks Jim. I think the back focus of your 55mm Grandagon is quite a lot
> longer than my 47mm S Angulon f5.6. I wonder how it would work on your
> Linhof.

I've fitted the 47mm SA into my TK45s on a flat board and it focused at
infinity, so there's no problem there.

> I think I saw such a modern Linhof at MXV at about 4 times the price of
> the
> Sinar F1.  I have been told that the folding rail can be tricky.

Opinions vary.  I use the TK45s pretty heavily and don't find it tricky at
all.  I'm unabashed delighted with mine, and if it were stolen, I'd replace
it with another TK45s without a moment's hesitation.

That said, though, there are people whose opinions I respect and value who
feel the TK45s is an instrument of Satan, cunningly devised to drive men
mad.

I'd highly recommend that you get your hands on one and check it out, but
I'd also recommend that you actually use one before buying one.

-Paul Butzi
www.butzi.net