[LargeFormat] Compound Shutters

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Thu Dec 4 15:45:44 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "LNphoto" <LNphoto@twmi.rr.com>
To: "f32" <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 11:32 AM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Compound Shutters

> Okay group,
>
> When did F. Deckel discover the Compound shutter?
>
> and
>
> During what years did Germany refer to itself as D.R.P.?
>
> Les

  I don't have an exact date for the Compound but think it
dates from about 1905. Compounds were made until at least
the early 1980's. If clean they are quite reliable and
reasonably accurate.
  Again, I don't have a starting date for D.R.P. but it was
used until sometime after 1945. D.B.P. was adopted at the
end of the war but was not immediately used so one finds
equipment made as late as 1950 or so still marked DRP or
DRGM. My one and only Compound has a patent number on the
speed dial. I can barely read it. It appears to be 391739.
There is a site for European patents but either I don't know
how to work it or else it doesn't have old patents on it. I
will, however, try to see if I can find this one.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com