[LargeFormat] Death of Large Format !

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Thu Dec 4 11:52:07 2003

> I found the gigapixel image article interesting mostly because of the
> amount of work he went through to produce it.

Well, if he'd had a 4x5 and a new Better Light Super6K2 scanning back, such
an image would have been trivial to produce.  According to an article in the
current View Camera magazine [Nov/Dec 2003, p. 26], that back will give you
a 1.1 GB image in 48-bit RGB mode. No sewing skills required.

It rather boggles the mind to think of how much memory one would need,
though, to do even trivial manipulation in an image editing program...  It
makes shooting film look *so* much easier :}

\donw in victoria