[LargeFormat] Anguloning for an Answer

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 2 07:50:07 2003

Dear Neices and Nephews,

    I just realised that my old job as writer for a cheap local newspaper
has finally caught up with me. Anguloning for an answer, indeed.... Next it
will be puns about pulling teeth and such. Oh it just makes you sick as a
parrot, or over the moon. Whew, what a scorcher....

     What I really want is some opinions about 90mm 6.8 Angulon lenses.
There are a number of them on Ebay for lowish sorts of prices and I was
wondering if this would be a usable alternative for my studio work as
opposed to the Super Angulon or one of the Nikkor SW's.

    I ain't a architectural photographer. I am a belly dance photographer.
That explains the sequins in the studio loo. What I need a 90mm for is large
troupe shots on 4 x 5 colour neg. I have a 9 metre-wide stage that I can
back off 6-7metres from and I need to spread my coverage out from the
standard 150mm lens that I already have. I do not need large movements up
and down though a little side to side is quite common in belly dancing.

    Exposure will be via electronic flash and all I need is 125 to stop most
motion. The f.stop most commonly used is f.16. Focussing is a one-time
affair and then the dancers go for it and I just change holders. I plan to
use the central 6omm x 120mm section of the 4 x 5 neg as the picture area.

    So, has anyone used the old Angulon and can they advise me? Thanks in
advance.

     Uncle Dick