[LargeFormat] Karsh camera?

LNphoto largeformat@f32.net
Fri Nov 14 17:32:23 2003

Well there's the other end of the spectrum..

I'm a bit fuzzy on the fine details, but the McIntosh  collection ( a
group of furniture design by George? McIntosh) was about to be sold to
a major collector and put the family on Easy Street until THE
Government stepped in and said, "This is a pricesless bit of Canadian
history!" and passed a law about no allowing "priceless pieces of
Canadian history" to be sold outside the country.  I think they paid
the family about a third of what was offered outside the maple leaf
curtain.  I don't know if the Royal Ontario Museum owns the collection
but that's where I saw it.

Now had there been proof that this was the camera Karsh used to
photograph Winnie  and there was a photograph of Karsh next to the
camera.....then maybe we'd get to the "pricess..history" arena.