[LargeFormat] why use transparency film?

Tim Atherton largeformat@f32.net
Thu Nov 6 11:42:39 2003

> > Shoot E-6 and have the film stored in a file folder unlooked at or pay
> > big bucks to have a Ciba made with masks, and hang on the wall
> >
> > Shoot color neg and have a print made on that neat Ciba look paper from
> > Fuji. and hand on the wall
> >
> > Shoot black and white and print it my self.
> >
> > The E-6 version just seems the most expensive way to the same end.

In some ways it's easier to get a good hi-res scan of a tranny rather than a
colour neg - so the much better option these days (actually either tranny or
neg) is scan and lightjet print.

Photoshop offers the person working in colour much more precise control over
adjustments than the traditional colour processes. And lots of old
ilfochrome (and even dye transfer) fans are finding they much prefer the
control it offers and the results they get.

tim