[LargeFormat] Silk Screen Printing

Lee Carmichael largeformat@f32.net
Thu Nov 6 11:13:24 2003

I don't know a lot about screen printing but the detail is linked to how
fine the screen is I think.  Most are very coarse and for good reason.  So
that the ink will flow thru the screen and on to the paper or cloth or
glass or whatever.   Most if not all the separations will have to be
screened as in half-tone screened and if color it will need to be color
separated and screened negatives (black and white) will need to be
generated.  From there each color will have its own screen.  It is a little
like offset lithography in many regards.   You will need a lith film and
there are several out there so look around.  Most screen printers do
t-shirts and they use a printing station that allows all the seps to be on
the station and then thru trial and error, the seps are brought into
register, generally one color at a time.  In my opinion, life is too short
for this.\

good luck,
lee\c