[LargeFormat] Rites of passage

LNphoto largeformat@f32.net
Thu Nov 6 10:06:26 2003

No harm done.  If getting called a moron is the worst thing that
happens to me today, it'll be a good day.

I had a similar "baptism by fire"  When I was in college I saw this
neat building....it was finished, complete and a few years old, but
didn't' have any exterior walls, just 6 or 7 floors of pipes and
support.  The lights on the place were some sodium vapor.

	Thought it would look real neat to shoot it at night with the lights
glowing green and have the  red trace of the tailights in the cars
below.

Come to find out it was Kodak's chemical refinery.

Unlike you I had several things going for me...
It wasn't an oil refinery, (restricted air space, national security...)
I was on public property and Kodak security knew it) (THE MAN said,
"Now if you had been on the other side of the side walk, I'd a nailed
your white ass!"),
terrorists were only found in foreign countries at the time and
the town( and Kodak)was used to wayward photographic students.

I got a firm talking to.
Promised never to do it again. (yess  massa, no sir massa)
He got to open some unexposed film and boss around a privileged white
kid.

and I got the shot. (I put the good holder halfway down my pants in
back and covered it with my shirt and coat.)