[LargeFormat] Give thanks and hold a good thought or two

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Oct 28 07:32:01 2003

At 13:34 26/10/2003 -0800, Tori Nelson wrote:
>Just talked with one of our list members, and good friend of mine, Bob
>Younger.  He and his wife barely escaped with their lives early this
>morning from a fire that is whipping through San Diego county.  They awoke
>at 4am to see the hillside they live on engulfed in flames.  They actually
>had to drive through fire to get down the mountain.  They don't know for
>certain yet, but it is highly likely that their home is gone.  They had no
>real warning, and were only able to get their two Newfoundlands, a bird
>and themselves out in time.
>
>There are actually three different fires raging through the county right
>now, eight confirmed dead, and hundreds of homes and businesses burned to
>the ground.  So...we could all use some positive energy flowing our
>way.  Thanks!

Tori,

Really sorry to hear that Bob has been hit by the fire but glad that he and
his family are safe. I hope he managed to save his gear and negs. I have
been watching the fires on the tv here and feel very sorry for those people
caught up in the nightmare. Hope that the firefighters manage to control
the fires and will pray for a change in the weather and a halt to the
advance of the fires.

 From the LA Times it seems that the fires have '......destroyed some 900
structures in semirural and suburban areas to the north and east of
downtown San Diego'.

Clive