[LargeFormat] Re: Grafmatic holders

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sun Oct 26 15:26:15 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Brick" <jim@brick.org>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 11:30 AM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Re: Grafmatic holders

> At 01:50 PM 10/26/2003 -0500, Jim Hemenway wrote:
>
> >I bought a 4x5 Graphmatic yesterday at a photo show for
$60.00. I don't
> >know whether or not that's a good price but bought it
anyway. It's going
> >to be a nice convenience for me when using my 4x5
Graphlex SLR which I
> >usually bring along when I go out shooting with the
11x14.

> Hi Jim,
>
> I have and use about eight Gra"f"matic holders. :-)
>
> They are the greatest as they don't attract dust and it is
nice to have six
> sheets available all at once.
>
> I was lucky in that I bought several from a retiring
photographer and with
> them I got two boxes of extra unused (new) plenums. Be
careful with the
> plenums, they are easily bent, especially if you forget to
push the counter
> slide back into the head of the holder before attempting
to load the
> plenums and close-up the holder.
>
> Jim

  Locally, Grafmatics are going for around $100 US.
  A little dry silicone lubricant on sliding surfaces will
do wonders for them.
  I am not sure but think there is a link to an on-line
instruction booklet for them on the Graflex site:
http://www.graflex.org

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA