[LargeFormat] Eskofot Ultragon

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Oct 24 21:16:03 2003

At 22:08 23/10/2003 -0400, Jim Hemenway wrote:
>Hi Clive:
>
>You're up late!  It's 10 PM here.
>
>Haven't seen any vignetting on the Kodak Master... yes it's the metal
>field camera.  I'm guessing that SK didn't know a way to use the lens
>cells front and back.  The 210mm has plenty of coverage for an 8x10...
>almost enough for the 11x14.  I have to admit that I haven't used the 8x10
>for several months.
>
>I don't have a 4x5 Speed Graphic to use with the 150.  My only 4x5 is the
>SLR Graphlex. I'm not even certain why I have the two baby Speed Graphics
>as I hardly ever use them.  Couldn't resist them when I saw them at
>Brimfield I guess.
>
>Mostly I use my Korona 11x14, the Graphlex SLR 4x5 with 190mm lens, my
>Rollei 6008i and my Leica R8,  I usually have all of them and various
>lenses with me when I go out shooting.
>
>The Kodak Master is as much work to use as the 11x14, so I take the 11x14.
>Almost the same with the Graphic View IIs... so I sold them... one to our
>own Stuart Phillips.
>
>Just scored 26 boxes of Ektachrome 100 11x14.  I'm as happy as a clam.

Jim,

Yep, seems to have become quite a habit here - I work best later in the
evenings/early mornings.

I feel a bit better about the Ultragons now that it seems there may be no
simple way to put the cells into a shutter. Looks like a  Betax #5 front
mount for the 210mm here.

The Kodak Master must be easier to cart around than the 11x14 - film
holders alone will keep you fit. Still, with all that film in the fridge
you' are well set up for a while. Am assuming that here are 10 sheets in a
box - just tried to imagine the cost of a 50 sheet box :-)

Cheers, Clive