[LargeFormat] Eskofot Ultragon

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Fri Oct 24 17:50:29 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "stuart phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Eskofot Ultragon

> > I have the same problem only worse....my floppy wooden
camera says
> > "Deardorff" on it.
> >

> I thought they only made furniture.

   My Agfa/Ansco 5x7 Universal View camera was bought at a
yard sale where it was being sold as _furniture_. It was
complete with factory 4x5 back, crank-up Agfa camera stand,
original case, B&L Tessar lens, and some other accessories.
They had no idea what it was. I have since gotten a 5x7 back
for it. Agfa sold these as deluxe 4x5 cameras with the
reducing back.
  It is one of my favorite cameras. Perhaps it likes having
a good home, it certainly has taken some wonderful pictures
:-)

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA