[LargeFormat] Removing black spots from prints

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Thu Oct 16 17:58:49 2003

> In situations like this, I spot the negative - the smallest
> possible dot directly on top of the 'white spot'.  The film
> I use has a retouching base on the non-emulsion side and I
> retouch on that side.

I'm beginning to consider this approach, much as I am reluctant to touch the
original neg.  Does anyone know if sheet FP4+ has a retouching surface?  I
don't think it does -- I scoured the data sheet from Ilford, and didn't see
any mention of it.

> It doesn't save having to spot each print but it does save
> having to bleach every print.

An excellent point, Paul.

Cheers,
\donw