[LargeFormat] Wind

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Wed Oct 15 16:14:33 2003

Speaking of wind... not a good day here for any large camera with a bellows:

Public Information Statement - Eastern Massachusetts
1140 am EDT Wed Oct 15 2003

The following are reported strong wind and heavy rainfall reports
for the storm that began after midnight on Wednesday October 15.

...Peak wind gusts of 45 mph or higher...

    ...Massachusetts...
East Falmouth              60 mph  230 am 10/15   spotter
Worcester airport          53 mph  638 am 10/15   ASOS
Milton - Blue Hill obs     52 mph  656 am 10/15   ASOS
Edgartown                  50 mph  700 am 10/15   spotter
Marthas Vineyard           46 mph  641 am 10/15   ASOS
Chatham                    45 mph  731 am 10/15   Skywarn

<snip>

I'm hoping that my favorite fall tree will still have its leaves
tomorrow as I wanted to try a shot with the 360 Schneider.  This one was
taken a year ago with the 420 Ronar process lens. I want to get one with
better corner rendition:
http://www.hemenway.com/11x14/pages/SwampMaple-Ronar420mm.htm

Jim