[LargeFormat] Batches*

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sat Sep 20 03:26:05 2003

>      Does Linhof make a sliding back for the Kardan series of cameras  -
in
> the same manner that they used to make a sliding back for the Technikas?
You
> know - GG screen and reflex finder on one section and film back of some
> description on the other. I have seen this in the older Linhof catalogs
and
> PTI's, but am unsure whether they are made for the Kardans.

I have heard of sliding 54/rollfilm backs but not for Linhof. Would one fit?
Are all recent 5x4 cameras fitted with a standard International back?
A cheaper solution might be a Calumet slide-in rollfilm back which is like a
darkslide with a roll -film cassette built onto one end. On my Sinar I just
open the side of the back with the bail and push in the Calumet. It is
necessary to press the Sinar firmly in the opposite direction when pushing
the Calumet in, otherwise the camera gets pushed sideways.
For 6x9 Linhofs, entury Graphics and the like there is the mostly-plastic
6x7 Rapid Rollex which slides in as above.

I haven't answered your question of course. I hope someone else can.  Philip