[LargeFormat] Patching bellows pinholes

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Sep 12 16:56:57 2003

At 21:35 12/09/2003 +0100, philip lambert wrote:
>I thought white PVA glue was used to join wood or paper.  White textile glue
>in the UK is Copydex which seems rubber based.  I suppose I could experiment
>with both.  Anybody who has tried the graphite plus glue idea care to
>comment on the best glue?  P Lambert

Philip,

Copydex would have similar problems to any latex concoction - it is a
little too thick to allow the bellows to fully compress if you have a lot
of pinholes to cover. In addition you may find it difficult to mix any
opaque compound in with Copydex before it starts to set.

You can mix acrylic paint with PVA glue if you must use glue. I prefer to
use acrylic paint on its own having tried both methods. Two coats (or dabs)
do the trick and remain flexible.