[LargeFormat] Joy Abounding

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Thu Sep 4 07:18:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "rstein" <rstein@bigpond.net.au>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 11:41 AM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Joy Abounding

> Dear Nephews Philip and Brock,
>
>      My faith in human nature, at least as far as Cleveland is concerned,
is
> restored.
>
>     The Super Rollex back arrived safely this morning and is all it was
> advertised to be. I am puzzling whether to orientate it on the back of the
> Kardan E with the darkslide drawn up or down. Any advice?

Very glad to hear it.
If you draw the darkslide down gravity might do its worst and your dancers
could trample it underfoot  (I take it these are the Cornish clog-dancers
transported for stealing a pilchard.  We have a humane history in
ngland  ).
Can you print from the entire 6x9 frame?  My printer likes to leave out the
edges. Of course he can't do any such thing processing my E6 but the trouble
with E6 is you need to know what speed your SynchroCompur shutters are
working on the day.....  With  colour-negative you only need to click the
shutters a few times before taking the picture and all you might get is a
half stop over exposed (can you tell?)  - transparency is v unforgiving of
overexposure. Of course with rollfilm you can afford to bracket (but I am
forgetting your years of experience).

On the other hand if your lenses are all in modern Copal shutters you might
just get the exact shutter speed you set.

Lately my photography has been restricted to Nikon and zoom  but if I
promise never to do anymore gardening my osteopath will permit me to carry
heavier cameras from next xmas.
Nephew Philip

.