[LargeFormat] A good day in the store, and a query

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 29 17:32:14 2003

Thanks so much to Simon and John, for the quick responses.

I grabbed the PDFs for both the 545 Pro and 545i. It turns out mine is
actually a plain 545, which  I discovered when I raised the door to the
rollers.  A nice, knowledgeable service rep on the 1-800 line says the
differences between it and the 545i are minor, most to do with needing a
paper clip for field repair.  Now, on to Steve Grimes', for that stuff!

> Stop at Glazers or Optech in seattle. They have a good supply of
> polaroid. The Fuji Qickloads and Kodak Readyloads work well in the
> Polaroid back, which I keep for backup to the standard filmholders....

Oh, right -- Readyloads; I'd forgotten about them, perhaps mostly because I
use Ilford products almost exclusively.  Dang, I wish Ilford made such a
sheet.

Still, if it's not *too* hideously expensive, I might spring for some of the
Kodak.  I dread the thought of going into downtown Seattle, so may bite the
bullet and (probably) pay more to buy some here, assuming it's available at
all.  I wonder if Best's in Yosemite has any?  <g>

Cheers,
\donw