[LargeFormat] Ziploc Bags in the UK

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 8 10:08:51 2003

At 09:39 08/08/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>clive you've got the wrong idea......
>
>just add that from now one "workshop participants must bring camera,
>lenses, film holders, and a spare box of 1 gallon freezer Ziplock
>bags.."  by the middle of October, you'll have a lifetime supply   "-)
>
>BTW what happened to the idea of the anti-static bags you were
>persuing?  Or was it someone else on the list?
>
>Les
snip

Les,

Now that's a good idea! We have had expressions of interest from US-based
people so will wait for the confirmed bookings.

You have a better memory than me - now that you mention it, I recall
vaguely the discussion and that I was going to follow up the bags. Will
have a quick search through the archives later. They were supposed to be
tougher and a bit more expesive than your common or garden varieties of
plastic.

The main impetus for the question was a bit of a disaster on the fridge
front..... With all this baking hot and humid weather my fridge decided to
try and create an iceberg in the cool section together with running
mountain streams. This was a headbanging discovery as I had to try and
rescue the film with plastic bags embedded partially in ice. The control
circuits of the fridge were affected and it had been running full pelt for
a couple of days. I lost some ortho film, one full  (and exposed) Grafmatic
and printing paper to the water as some of the old Ziploc bags had very
small holes....

I won't bore you further with the details but I was trying to get some film
out to load up for a shoot at the time......