[LargeFormat] Ansel Adams at MoMA

Dan Andrews largeformat@f32.net
Tue Aug 5 22:42:03 2003

If you're in the New York City, or will be traveling there in the near
future, you may want to pay a visit to the Museum of Modern Art
(Queens), to see the exhibit "Ansel Adams at 100."  The MoMA website has
plenty of details about the exhibit, at http://www.moma.org/

Of course, it would be very difficult to provide a thorough overview of
Adams' work--there is simply too much of it to show in one exhibit.  So,
while the exhibit is exceptional, I left wanting to see more.

There are several special events taking place at MoMA in conjunction
with the exhibit.  I'll include the date and event, but you can contact
MoMA for details about the exact location and ticket info for any of
these events:
--Mon. Sept. 15, Gallery talk by landscape photographer Joseph
Bartscherer
--Mon. Oct. 20, Gallery talk by landscape photographer Frank Gohlke
--Tue. Sept. 30, Lecture by John Szarkowski, curator of the exhibition
--Family programs, Thursdays until August 21, where children and parents
can learn landscape photography in Central Park.  ("No cameras
necessary; all materials are provided" according to the MoMA
literature.)

Keep in mind that the Museum of Modern Art is temporarily located in
Queens while the main museum space is under expansion and renovation.
If you're planning a trip, check their website for directions to the
temporary facility.

Best regards,
Dan
--
*               Dan Andrews Images               *
*          Worldwide Travel Photography          *