[LargeFormat] A Ban on Whaling

Jim Brick largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 22 13:16:43 2003

At 08:52 AM 7/22/2003 -0700, vernak@wvi.com wrote:

>Now there's an idea! How about an off-list list of thick skinned folk who love
>Uncle Dick's humor? Count me in on that!
>
>Verna

What I'd like to know is... why is it that out of hundreds, or thousands of
people, or even a whole town of people, one single person objects to
something and the whole group goes belly-up trying to appease the single
voice. And 99.99999% of the time, the single voice is a kook way out in
left field anyway.

Remember, last Christmas, this town (I believe here in CA) had Santa Claus
riding on a fire truck, in the Christmas parade for the past 50+ years. But
last year, one person complained that it offended him. So the mayor of the
town decreed that there would be no Santa riding on the fire truck from now
on. One person out of a whole town!!!

Well... the town went ballistic. So every person that could, wore a Santa
outfit to the parade AND every fireman that could, wore a Santa outfit
while on the fire trucks in the parade. There were hundreds and hundreds of
Santa's in and around the parade. A very loud statement was made and the
mayor was taught a lesson. Don't mess with the majority.

Oh yeah... me too for Unk.

Jim