[LargeFormat] A Ban on Whaling

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 22 06:44:12 2003

Dear Cousin Ole,

    Please continue eating the cetaceans. I believe they are delicious
served cold on a bed of lettuce, provided you can get 600 tonnes of lettuce.
Don't leave the skins in the bin.

    I must say I am treading warily now. I seem to have evoked a cry of pain
from Harry Smart that was unintended. Of course, I cannot be warden for
everyone's sense of humour and I realise that not every act on a wet
Wednesday in Wigan will get a laugh..... ( Aaaak - there I go again basting
the Britons...) but it will put a cramp in my style for the future. I am
going to get a 1932 Brighton telephone directory and post quotations
directly from the pages and see if  THAT pleases the crowd.

    This is a pity. Karl Wolz wanted some direction on his quest for fun in
the UK and I was just preparing Uncle Dick's Guide to London when this
brouhaha brewed up. Now I suppose no-one will see it. How will they get to
know about the Bloomsbury Festival of Luvvies or the  Annual Trooping of the
Coloureds? The average Guidebook will ignore these and the tourist will be
the poorer.

    Do you think it would be better to do the Uncle Dick Guide to Norway? I
have already started on the Oslo section ( Say Folks! Did you think that
FRAM was just oil filters? Think again....) and as soon as I get the
addresses of  Mrs. Palmer and the Seamstresses Union I should be ready to
go.

    Uncle Dick