[LargeFormat] Prague/London travel tips&

Georges Giralt largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jul 21 14:32:09 2003

Hi !
I've beenin England (and London) and in Prague.
I think Prague is plagued by tourism, people looking at a very well
preserved city packed with multi century monuments kept in quite good
shape. So IMHO, I'll go all over Czeck republic, avoiding Prague unless
you've to buy Foma films and papers. Every village have a dinstinctive
look and feel. City center, often build around a place carry a
mediteranean look and feel, and people tend to be frendlier outside
Prague. Of course if you plan to take picture of tourist groups
following the red rose or the pink umbrella, Prague is THE place to
go... But forget about takin LF picture of buuildings in Prague.. You
wo'nt have enough time to deploy your tripod befor a tourist rush smash
in....
I've been there in summer with sun and nice white clouds in the sky so I
can't comment on the climate but the Rough Guides will be able to
comment on these.
BTW, it i said that every meal you take this side of the iron curtain
will reduce your life expectancy a year......
I'm still alive and well ;-)
Have a nice trip !