[LargeFormat] RE: 8x10 b/w processing

Peter De Smidt largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jul 19 14:56:26 2003

> There are tubes and drums other than those made by Jobo.
>
> I just did a quick search on "BTZS tubes" and here is one
> reference on
> how to make your own.
>
> http://medfmt.8k.com/brontube.html
>
> You can also buy them.
>
> I know there are other manufacturers, too. At least there
> used to be.
> Probably still are.
>
> Verna

Before I bought my Jobo CPP-2, I used homemade BTZS tubes for 8x10 and
4x5.  While 4x5 worked ok, the 8x10 tubes did not.  They were too
heavy and bulky.  I found it very difficult to keep more than just a
couple agitating properly.  But if I only want to do two at a time,
why not simply use two trays, or even more?  With only one sheet in a
tray, there is no scratching.  Sure, it's less efficient with
chemicals, but then you can use very cheap developers like D23,
Ryuji's developers, or Patrick Gainer's formulas.

-Peter De Smidt