[LargeFormat] Summer in the City

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jul 17 02:01:32 2003

Some amateur film withstands heat but if you have to work to professional
standards cooler is better.  If I go abroad on holiday the films in my bag
are at ambient temperature for a week or two, which does not seem to affect
them. Leaving a camera in the boot (trunk) for weeks in an American summer
is another matter. Carry the camera in your pocket (Minox?) or maybe in your
bag or case (do you leave your bag in the car for months?) Large format
'chromes are best kept in cool conditions like the fridge  (unless you have
small children who unwrap the film package but deny having done so....)
Best to use film as soon as you buy it but in the real world one buys film
cheapest in bulk.
Philip