[LargeFormat] Re: Tips on Architecture photographs

Tim Atherton largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jul 14 18:44:07 2003

 go to http://www.krages.com/lhp.htm and buy a copy of his book - I recall
it answers most of your questions...

also useful is :

http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

I'd add that it doesn't have to be "newsworthy" for it to be allowed to be
used for editorial (as opposed to "commercial" use). One exception being the
cover of a magazine - which, as a result of case law, is generally
considered advertising. The freedom to use an image of a building is very
similar to the freedom to use an image of a person - you generally do not
need a model release to use an image of a person for editorial use in the
US. Same with a building. But I would say either consult a competent book on
the subject (you can usually get one through your local library) or if you
really need to, an IP lawyer.

tim