[LargeFormat] Tips on Architecture photographs

Dan Kalish largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jul 10 12:22:44 2003

As I'm getting more experienced with Large Format photography, I find
myself drawn towards architecture.  There are many such opportunities in
New York City what with all the landmarks. I'm even developing a different
outlook on the City: noticing the way buildings blend in and don't block
the views.

I can learn about the landmarks but want to get more proficient with this
type of photography.  Any recommendation on books?  Organizations?  Is a
Gandolfi Variant I with 210mm lens up to the task?  What about permission
and permits?

I can see myself ultimately picking a landmark, such as Grand Central
Terminal, and doing a project around it.

Dan the K.