[LargeFormat] Linhof -- now Geronar

Michael Briggs largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 26 23:29:50 2003

On 26-Jun-2003 Frank Filippone wrote:
> The 210 Geronar was sold as a "student" lens.. Low priced entry into the LF
> world.  As I remember it, it is a Tessar design.  It is small, light, but
> covering power and resolution are probably les than a Sironar of similar
> age.

The Geronars (150 and 210 mm f6.8, 300 mm f9) are triplets, three air-spaced
elements, a classic design.  The older Rodenstock brochure that I have
repeatedly uses the word "budget".   The lens is described as having good image
quality but limited coverage -- about 60 degrees.

The 90 mm Geronar-WA is a four-element airspaced design.  The cross-section
diagram appears symmetrical.

--Michael