[LargeFormat] Intro & Camera [now Calumet vs Toyo]

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 19 15:10:00 2003

The only use I make of a 35mm Nikon shift lens is for architecture; it's
slightly wideangle and gives 11mm of shift on a 24x36mm format and quite
unsuitable for picking out architectural details the way a 300mm would on a
5x4 camera. Currently I am unable to carry weights so for the present have
stopped using my technical cameras unless the car gets close to the subject.
Instead I am making a sliding rising front adapter to fit medium/LF enlarger
lenses to a BPM focussing bellows attached to the Nikon which works on
lenses from 75mm up. Subsequently I found a real rising front bellows  to
fit a 35mm camera. One way or another I expect to get some useful cross
front or rise/drop front with a longish lens on an F3. No it isn't as good
as large format but it's better than no movements and experiments cost next
to nothing.PL

> have no LF experience. Of course landscape work typically doesn't require
a lot of movements, but I found the "freedom" of my nikon 35mm shift lens
very