[LargeFormat] Intro & Camera [now Calumet vs Toyo]

Peter De Smidt largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 19 10:42:54 2003

> I have a Cadet.  It will do anything you want to do.  You
> will run out
> of lens coverage before you run out of movement.  It is relatively
> light weight (6 lbs.) and will accept the polaroid 545 holders,
> readyload and quickload holders as well as the Calumet roll film
> adapters.  For the money, I don't think it can be beat.
> You could pay
> alot more for less camera.

And, unfortunately, you could pay a lot less for more camera as well!
I'm glad that you like your Cadet.  I ordered one when they first came
out and returned it the next day.  Mine was very poorly constructed
and had numerous ergonomic issues.  The Calumet packages with other
cameras (The $399 One) would be a better deal, in my view.  As would
any of the CC400 series cameras. For field cameras, check out the Shen
Hao. You can see them at www.badgergraphic.com

Peter De Smidt