[LargeFormat] Intro & Camera [now Calumet vs Toyo]

Jonathan Taylor largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 19 09:46:03 2003

Stuart Phillips asked:

> What about a new Calumet for $399?

How does the Cadet compare to the Toyo 45c? Can it take advantage of the
rest of the Calumet system? I like the Toyo because it looks like it will be
very adaptable and useful for a variety of needs. I don't want to get
something I'm going to want to trade in next year. (Although their trade-in
deal makes it significantly less painful.) Also can one only buy new
Calumets from Calumet? Although we can certainly add them to our vendor
list, doing so is a small pain, in which case I'd like to have some
compelling reason for going Calumet.

I just popped over to their website; boy the prices on their packages are
pretty compelling.

Although Burlington is considered "the big city" by many Vermonters, we are
really in the hinterland here. We have no major photo dealer within two
hours. We are blessed with a great little repair shop/used dealer, but
that's really it. I wish I had a knowledgable sales person to walk me
through this process. At this point though I need to get this order done and
into the system.

jt