[LargeFormat] BIgger I say! BIGGER!!

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 19 05:58:26 2003

>On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 10:15  PM, Verna Knapp wrote:
>
>>  It is not certain yet. However, I own a Durst enlarger that can
>>handle 10x10 and has a color head and a vacuum easel and pin
>>registration.  I really have not decided what to do about this
>>machine. If somebody should be interested in this, and able and
>>willing to drive to Oregon...
>>Verna
>>

>CLIVE ARE YOU THERE???? THIS is your opportunity!!!  The head goes
>in the over head bin (just not YOUR overhead bin, heh heh) the base
>goes under the seat, and they just strap the mast on to one of the
>wings.  As long as you break it up into small pieces it won't be
>over weight!.

Les,

Bought the ticket and packing hacksaws as we speak ;-)

There's already a Kamm 8x10 with Chromega F Dichroic head sitting in
the hall waiting for the new darkroom!

A short while before the current rush of pro labs into the digital
processing arena, I was being offered Durst 138Ss regularly - I tried
to pass 'em on at bargain prices but surprisingly no one from the
Forum nor this list were interested. They all went to new homes
within a few days - not mine I hasten to add.... There haven't been
any around for a while now.

There is a long term plan to set up several of the LF enlargers in a
new darkroom which will be a converted large garage - the idea is to
offer LF B&W intro. to printing workshops. Expressions of interest
will of course speed up the project. The plan was pushed forwards
recently when someone gave me a DeVere 4x5 enlarger to add to the
growing collection.

I think we are now approaching the end of the phase where the pro
labs are dumping all their wet darkroom gear. Glad to have been
around at the right time and right place.