[LargeFormat] Curtis color-separation camera

tripspud largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jun 16 15:47:38 2003

Hi!

      I've just returned from having a live look at this camera:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4701&item=2934392347

      The lens looks really clean and has the three engraved f/stop series.  On the
back of
the lens is a square baffle that extends out about 3 inches.  Probably to cut down
on internal
bellows flare.

     The holders are designed for glass plates.  Removing the top plate holder
reveals a
glass filter, I think it was coded blue.  In the bottom of the case were two
Harrison
lens filters, but I didn't unwrap them.  The whole package looks nearly unused.
Altogether
an interesting piece of photographic history to see up close.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspud@transbay.net