[LargeFormat] This picture must be as old as our friend in La Jolla :)

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jun 14 07:42:25 2003

I was offered a huge process camera a couple of years ago which hung
from rails mounted on a ceiling, and so big that it would fit in a
truck/lorry.  I had the idea that I could mount it in something similar
to a UPS van, drive to "photogenic" areas around New England and shoot
16x20 photos from the back of the vehicle. OT: I would also shoot with a
Leica and a Rollei of course.

I did come to my senses early enough to abandon the idea before buying a
van.  This photograph sent to me by a fellow LUGer after he saw the
Camera Van, reminds me of my temporary insanity.

http://www.hemenway.com/Camera_car.jpg

--

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com