[LargeFormat] Backpackable 4x5

Dan Kalish largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jun 10 18:19:22 2003

This thread sounds very much like the thread in response to my recent
inquiry: Horseman 45HD or Gandolfi?  I'm getting the feeling this topic
comes up very often!

I think you need to narrow down your desires a bit more.  You can get
monorails that are readily collapsible (Arca Swiss F-line) and you can get
Field cameras with a lot of movement (Gandolfi Variant III, Linhof
Technikardan 45S).  How much do you want to spend?  How important is weight?
Why aren't you satisfied with the Calumet?

Narrow this down a little bit and try out the cameras you're considering.
Where are you located?

Oh: I wound up with a Linhof Kardan M and a Gandolfi Variant I.  A year ago
I was doing only 35mm work; now I've got 3 view cameras (the third is a
Graphic View II) and am lusting after a Plaubel.