[LargeFormat] Dagor77 (Was cult lenses)

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 5 03:22:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Wolz" <wolzphoto@worldnet.att.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 7:14 PM
Subject: RE: [LargeFormat] Dagor77 (Was cult lenses)

> I, for one, would certainly like to see this brochure!
>
> Karl Wolz
>
>  but am now confused because I think I
> probably responded to the list about something not posted
> there, confusing the dickens out of everyone. Isn't
> high-tech wonderful?
> ---
> Richard Knoppow
> Los Angeles, CA, USA
> dickburk@ix.netcom.com

  I found the source: http://yandr.50megs.com/gz/pr/pr.htm
  There is some other interesting stuff on this site.
  There are four pages of this Goerz catalogue. On one of
them is a food photo. _That_ is what we are speculating
about. According to the caption it was originally in color,
so the identity of the food-like substances represented
there may have been much clearer.
  I am not sure what the things in the center of the
exploded potatoes, or exploded grits, are.
 Peach halves on hot mashed anything doesn't sound so
appetizing. Are they poached egg yolks? Could the exploded
stuff be exploded egg white? What are the square things they
are on? Toast with the crust cut off, I thought at first,
now I am not so sure. Flat biscuits, maybe.
  I am also not quite clear on the meat type material. Is it
ham? Or, perhaps funny looking roast beef? I don't want to
speculate further, people ate some funny things in the
1950's.
  BTW, note the weeds growing up between the "meat" and the
whatever.
  I am sure this photo graced some page in Fanny Farmer's
cook book, or House Beautiful, or Better Homes and Stomachs.
My mom, who could cook, would never have even considered
serving anything that looked like high-speed photographs of
bombs going off (the things in the center are fireballs).
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com