[LargeFormat] Dagor77 (Was cult lenses)

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 4 18:47:53 2003

> tim
>

> PS - do you want the jpegs for the brochure? I found it on
the internet
> somewhere - 4 pages - it's worth it for the most
unappealing B&W picture of
> what looks like pork chops and eggs in little mashed
potato cones adorning
> the cover... how they ever thought that would sell lenses
:-)

  Sure, send it along.
  A friend has a book of food illustrations from magazines
of the 1930s through 50s. The title is something like
Regretable Food. Its stuff like Jello molds with canned
stuff in them photographed badly. Maybe they are good
photographs and the stuff just looked like that. It seems
that mid-western US cooking at the time required making sure
that everything was completely and truely dead before
serving it. My mom was a good cook but did use a pressure
cooker. It gave the impression that we were keeping a small
steam locomotive in the kitchen.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA