[LargeFormat] Linhof Color

Dan Kalish largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jun 2 19:59:43 2003

At my request, the seller shipped it directly to Marflex.  They said a
ratchet gear on the rail was broken and had to be drilled out.  I can't read
the quote too well but the largest figure is $150 for labor.  I offered to
split repair costs with the seller but he preferred to refund my purchase
price ($275).  I've stayed away from eBay for cameras ever since.

> Message: 11
> Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:52:32 +0200
> To: largeformat@f32.net
> From: Ole Tjugen <oftjugen@online.no>
> Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Linhof Color
>
> That's right, 1960s to early 1970s. Having used one now for several years,
I find it hard to believe that it could go wrong to the amount of
> $200?
>
> The camera is simply the front and back of a Technika chopped off and
mounted on a tubular rail. Very simple, very sturdy, very
> transportable...
>
> Ole Tj
>

> 02.06.03 17:14:29, "Dan Kalish" <kaliushkin@att.net> wrote:
>
> >Wasn't the Linhoff Color made in the 1960s?  I actually bought one on
eBay
> >but it had $200. worth of minor problems so I returned it.  Its hard to
> >believe it comes from the same company that made the Kardan M I just got.
> ><g>
> >
> >Dan K.
> >
> >> Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 07:48:18 +0200
> >> To: largeformat@f32.net
> >> From: Ole Tjugen <oftjugen@online.no>
> >> Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Linhof Color
> >>
> >> No, I have two Linhofs. A 4x5" Linhof Color, and a 5x7" Technika. Very
> >different beasts indeed...
> >> The Color nice little monorail, and is a predecessor of the Kardan by
way
> >of the Kardan Color.
> >>
> >> Ole

> >Linhof?