[LargeFormat] Linhof Color

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jun 2 14:32:26 2003

Ole,
I did have the rollfilm version of this until last year and sold it because
even with the two standards adjacenttly mounted ahead of the rail/tripod
clamp it was impossible to use a 47mm lens.  It did have movements with
longer lenses of course, was certainly rugged and of quality materials but
when I found a cheap old 2x3 Century Graphic was much better with this lens
and weighed less it was strictly no contest.  A friend bought a rollfilm
Arca but it cost over $3200 secondhand. He speaks very highly of it.  More
movements than his modern lenses permit and a nice big lensboard and bellows
throat for big rear glasses.  PL

Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Linhof Color

> That's right, 1960s to early 1970s. Having used one now for several years,
I find it hard to believe that it could go wrong to the amount of
> $200?
>
> The camera is simply the front and back of a Technika chopped off and
mounted on a tubular rail. Very simple, very sturdy, very