[LargeFormat] RE: Re: Horseman or Gandolfi?

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jun 1 11:36:01 2003

Do you need the rear movements to duplicate the front ?   (Sinar etc)
If the front movements are generous you can manage with less (none?) on the
rear.
Unfortunately  front movements are often limited on cameras with nil rear
movements. (Century Graphic)
How much front rise/fall/cross/etc do you actually use?  Can you use rising
front easily with a wideangle lens?  My 2x3 Linhofs could not so I sold
them. My much cheaper 2x3 Century Graphic gives 9mm rise with a 47mm and
18mm rise with a 65mm S. Angulon across a format 56mm high.  I have made
slightly recessed lensboards which help. In other respects the Linhofs were
more capable than the Century Graphic. PL

 it doesn't have rear shift. It has rear swing, but I don't think that's the
same thing.