[LargeFormat] pure-silver/ Goat girl

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Tue May 20 13:02:02 2003

In England at least and probably in the States you can buy small bottles of
suede/leather shoe dye for restoring colour. I have used it to redye black
leather trim and bellows on old Linhof cameras, applied with a Qtip whilst
wearing polythene gloves. After the dye dries it looks purple and has to be
rubbed up with shoe cream the same colour. It can also be applied with an
airbrush after masking off areas not to be coloured.  The important thing is
to rub up the area so treated with a clean rag until no more colour comes
off. You could dispense with this stage and rub off the excess on your
shirt.    The treatment works on scuffs on leather coats and on shabby
leather upholstery including in cars. It does not seal pinholes.    Hobbies-
supply shops and leather dealers have dyes in various colours in their
catalogues if you need a litre..         Philip
>     Then to fix it - I may have to seal the inside of the holders with a
thin Estapol and redo the cloth hinges with watered-down Tuxan black shoe