[LargeFormat] shed some light

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 19 15:27:07 2003

Can I please have advice from Uncle Dick and all the other greybeards
concerning my latest bit of ineptness,
I was looking at some test shots  taken using a newly acquired Linhof Rapid
Rollex which slides into my 2x3 Sp Graphics without taking the GrG back off.
Is one supposed to take the long stainless steel darkslide out completely or
would you leave it hanging out when exposing the neg?  I ask because one of
the negs looks lighter at the edge than over the rest of the picture. No I
don't remember if I took the slide right out. Often I did not. There is a
sliding thingy that catches the darkslide from pulling out all the way
unless you move the thingy aside. Just pushing the R-Rollex into the camera
is a bit tricky as it is all too easy to disturb the camera/head/tripod
arrangement. Taking the Gr- glass off and using an original 2x3 Graphic back
(or RB67 maybe) takes longer but causes less upset, Maybe old fashioned is
best.  Perhaps I should give up all desire for rollfilm quality and buy a
Canon Ixus. that fits the shirt pocket. Philip