[LargeFormat] MACO Infrared Film - The new Aura!

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu May 15 08:48:11 2003

I have recently bought a box of 8x10 and 4x5 Aura film directly from
the MACO factory. All of the contact details for MACO are in the
Infrared FAQ at http://www.infraredfaq.org The FAQ will be updated
for the new film when I have had the chance to test it. The new
emulsion is stated to be identical to MACO IR 820 except that it
doesn't have the ant-halation layer. This should allow the glowing
highlights familiar to those of you who used Kodak HIE when it was
available. Infrared light bounces off the film holder back after
passing through the film and is most noticeable in infrared
highlights.

Anyway, am hoping to grab some time over the next week to get out
there and try out the new film. Will probably use an 88A CoCam filter
and rate the film at around 4ASA. There is an aero ektar (f2.5)
sitting on the camera ready for this challenging film speed.

Has anyone tried pushing the older emulsion, MACO IR 820?