[LargeFormat] Rude Religions

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 14 19:14:45 2003

Dear Friends,

     I must have been pushing the delete button too fast to see the original
posting but if it is any help, you can avoid a lot of rudeness in religion
if you follow a few simple rules:

1.    Avoid mentioning prophets. Any prophets. Also any prophesies. Oracles
are a little safer but if they are associated with combustible vapours, as
the ancient Greek ones are said to have been, do not smoke whilst
consulting.

2.     Avoid religious holidays. Considering the large number of religions
available and the limited number of days in the week, not to mention the
year, you would be well advised to stay in bed anyway. Wait, there is the
Doollinian Day of the Bed....

3.     It's All Their Fault is a very useful thought. Them or Us is another.
They're Everywhere is also popular.
I have always liked Pay Attention To Me, Dammit.

4.    Do not push virgins down volcanoes at dawn. You have no idea how
grumpy a virgin can get early in the morning. Sunset is the tip.

5.    Avoid forbidden foods. If you are unsure which ones are covered come
over to our house when my daughter's university friends are sitting round
with takeaway foods. Talk about forbidding.....

6.    People are rarely rude just because of their religion. The rudeness is
generally deeper than that - take them away from their normal situation and
companions and they can be rude in new and unexpected ways.

    I'm off to work. Pray for me*. And the patients.

     Uncle Dick

* Unless forbidden by federal law